Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Diaper Rash From HELL

So two days ago I noticed that Felix was getting a pretty bad diaper rash. I felt bad because some of it is my fault. I have not been able to smell for two weeks. I never realized how essential smell was for changing poopy diapers. Anyways, I put on some target brand rash ointment and thought nothing. Felix woke up several times that night and when I changed his diaper it was twice as bad. So I tried more ointment. And no improvement. The poor kid was in so much pain. We let him spend the day with no diaper to let him bum dry out. Janell was wonderful and picked up some full strength desitin yesterday and bam! We saw results. He slept better last night and seems to be healing well. So when it comes to diaper rash don't buy the cheep stuff EVER!

4 comments:

Tamra said...

So sad for Felix! Elijah had a bad one when he was brand new from the hospital, poor kid. We were using like 3 different ointments (at the same time) and we were 1 step shy of getting a prescription strength kind. It was crazy.

I hope he's happier now!

katie said...

He is continuing to heal. And is far more pleasant to be around now.

Tamra said...

Do you ever think about how you yourself would be acting, if that problem was happening to you? I mean, if my bum was ever that red and irritated, I'd be SO, SO grumpy! (Like the time I got an ear infection as an adult. I was sorry that I hadn't been more sympathetic to my kids.)

katie said...

Oh man I always feel so bad when I get sick after he is sick. It is terrible. LIke I was wondering why he wasn't eating his peanut butter sandwich. And after I got the head cold was like I am a terrible mother for trying to feed him a peanut butter sandwich.