Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bike safety

Yesterday some lady tried to kill me while I was
riding my bike home from
my track workout. I was riding on the sidewalk of
a really busy street and was about to cross a parking lot
entrance when she pulled into the parking lot right
in front of me (we were both going to same direction on the
street). I was accelerating so I was standing up on
the pedals of the bike, which caused me to go over
my front tire when I slammed my brakes.It was kind of
scary and I felt pretty embarrassed for not seeing the car
making the turn, but I was pissed when I noticed my right
shoulder starting to hurt. I feel OK today, but probably
won't do any of the presses I had planned on at the gym.
Other than that I only got two small cuts and a road rash
burn on my left leg. Like I said to some lady who asked
if I was OK. I'm young and resilient.

Please watch out for people on bikes!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I went back to the scene of the accident and when I looked at it again I concluded that there was pretty much no way I could have seen that car. That entrance to the parking lot is only 10-15 feet from the intersection.

Having said that, I was on a bike and therefore was not a pedestrian and shouldn't have been on the sidewalk. I will only say in response to that, that Bulldog doesn't have much in the way of a place to ride a bike besides for the sidewalk.