Friday, May 7, 2010

Magellan

2 weeks ago we noticed that Magellan was not using his left foot. We made an appointment with the vet. A few days later he stopped using his right foot as well. At the vet we found out that he was loosing feeling in his legs and had already lost feeling in his tail. Today he had a follow up appointment. He probably has a tumor in his spine. ( we didn't want to pay for a MRI or CAT scan on a rat) Magellan has not let this get him down at all. He sill gets around, and still tries to assert his dominance over Risky and The Little Guy. (it is really cute to watch, he props himself onto his butt and boxes with them through the cage) He is also more snuggly than he was. I really have ben enjoying holding him and petting him. All we can do for him now is keep him happy and comfortable.

Rats are great pets. They are my little cats. I am so happy Justin convinced me to get them. I just love their feet and hands.

No comments: