Monday, May 31, 2010

Favorite Chefs

I have been thinking lately about what Chefs have inspired me and made me want to innovate with my own food and taste and try new things.
Here is a quick list:
Alton Brown: I love the science that goes into Good Eats. It makes me think about why the food I make tastes so good. Also The show has made certain foods less scary and daunting, like Okra and Tamales.
Bobby Flay: I think every time I have watched him cook it has sounded delicious. I also really like Throw down, What a fun challenge for a chef. I remember the first time I saw him on Iron Chef Japan. Amazing! Also, I would love to eat at one of his restaurants. That would be soooo amazing!
Martin Yan : Yan can cook and so can you! He always made me feel good about myself every time I watched his show. I felt excited about food and it really got me interested in eastern cuisine.
Masaharu Morimoto: I just love his creativity and skill. Watching him on Iron chef Japan when I was young made me want to eat fish. My mouth would be watering by the end of an episode.
Giada De Laurentils: So many of the things on her show are so simpleand they taste good too. I love how passionate about food she is. She just makes me happy when I watch her show. And she has a sweet name!

Food is amazing. The older I get the more I love it!

Also, I love cooking with Justin. He always has great suggestions. He is the best sous chef I could ever have asked for!!!!

Who do you love to watch ? Who makes you want to cook?

Thank Heavens for the Food Network! I just hope the Cooking Channel is as good.

No comments: