Thursday, April 23, 2009

Flower explosion! And Wolverine Awards!

I am happy All of our Tulips have bloomed. They are a beautiful bright red!
We also finally had some of our smaller tulips bloom. We have a few small yellow ones, and a sweet red and yellow striped one! We have aluims coming up! I am very excited to see the flowers.
This last week Justin planted a ton of lilies and a few dahlias! I am very excited to see them all this summer. Also last night we found out that Justin couldn't take out the huge nasty bushes on the side yard. Oh well. Oh and we also found out that there is a ton of mint growing in the ditch. So I will transplant some to the backyard! Yeah I love mint as a garnish!
I am constantly surprised at everything I have found. Oh and there is a very pretty daffodil growing out in the yard too.

Sad news. So the patch of dead grass with all the flowers in it, with all the flowers I was looking forward to blomming, well our land lord decided to put sod over the top. (because most of the grass had died.)
AHHH it explains so much about this property...
So I lost all of those growing flowers. And he also put sod over a rose that was growing back....
Something about the sod. It is not even. So I have a large patch work of sod on the side yard. Justin is not to happy about how it looks.

Well with being sick my house has suffered. So this week I will clean little by little and retake the house. The kitchen scares me. Hopefully since Justin didn't go to class today he will have a little time to clean :) He did mow the lawn yesterday. It looks very nice.

Last night we went to the Wolverine Awards Show and Dinner. It was mildly fun. Much better than we both expected. They did a good job of mixing light entertainment and the actual awards. Justin got a certificate for being smart! Yeah!!
The food....
There were good things and bad things.
  • The salad: It was a sad small salad. Like a child size handful of spinach, 2 rings of onion and 2 mandarin oranges. The salad dressing was very good and made everything taste wonderful.
  • The Rolls: they were rationed out 1 per person. Seriously. They were a very good hard roll. At least I hope they were meant to be like french bread. If not..... I fear they were stale, stale, stale.
  • Main course: It was good, the chicken tasted great and was grilled very nicely. But, it was one of the smallest chicken breasts ever to be cooked. The rice was good. And a good portion. They had a good mix of veggies and they tasted very good, but each plate was rationed 5-8 pieces of broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, or squash.
  • Desert: Chocolate Mouse. It was very good. The desert was sitting out the whole time temping you to eat it as soon as you sat down.
All in all a good meal, everything was cooked great, and tasted great too.
But portions...
This was not a Weight Watchers convention.

No comments: