Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Another Student Story

Sorry of you are getting board with so many student stories this month. Lots of amusing things have happened recently. This particular incident happened about 2 years ago. I was thinking about it today and thought you might enjoy it.

Here is some background information:
  • At this time the testing lab was in the Library. Also, the 11th grade English lab is in the library, and the Librarian is over that particular lab.
  • The Librarian likes to do little improvement projects around the library.
  • The librarian is a good friend of mine.


Here is the story:

I was sitting in the testing lab waiting for students to come in and test. At this time the librarian was in the ceiling hooking up something so we could hang flags from the ceiling. A student came in with an 11th grade English packet to test. Unfortunately, the teacher had not signed the packet, so I sent the student back to the lab to get the proper signature. (There was a sign in the library saying, "If you need help, please go to the 9th and 10th grade English lab.") The student came back a few moments later. I looked at the signature and knew it was a forgery of the librarians. So, I called up to the Librarian in the ceiling and said, "Did you sign his packet a few seconds ago?" He said, "No, I have been in the sealing the whole time."

The look on the students face was classic, complete shock. He had no idea that the Librarian was just above me in the ceiling.
Good times...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is SUPER funny. Sometimes I wish I had your job.

katie said...

yeah, I like my job ;)