Friday, April 15, 2011

A quick get away!

Justin and I spent the last few days relaxing in Monterey. We stayed at a cute bed and breakfast called the Jabberwok Inn. It is a really cool place, it used to be a nunnery and kind of like a halfway house. I loved that there were no T.V's. It was a little awkward talking to people I had never met before. They had lots of treats, and alcohol out for everyone to enjoy and the breakfast and snacks were good too. I liked their oatmeal cookies. Seriously a cute place. It reminded me of a place you would stay at the turn of the century. I don't imagine we will be staying at another bed an breakfast anytime soon unless we go with a few more couples we know.
We fed the birds at a nearby park, the seagulls and geese were very friendly and were super close. The Geese ate right out of your hand and Justin had a seagull flying in his face. This was a bit annoying so we started throwing the bread we brought high in the air and watched the seagulls fight, dive and finally catch it. There was a seagull with one leg who was really a good catch. We also visited the nearby Aquarium. . It is an awesome place to see. The coolest thing we saw was the Albatros. We missed the demonstration with the bird, but wow what a beautiful animal. Anyways, next time we go I would like to see the albatros presentation. We ate at Sea Harvest for Justin's birthday. It was very delicious. It was really nice to just get away and that is what I liked best.
I am glad to have Justin home.

1 comment:

Tamra said...

feeding the birds? sounds cool.

MICIAH