Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Fire in Alpine and other places in Utah


So, I have been looking at lots of fires in my area lately. I look them up online to see what is going on if it effects people I know etc...
The one currently in Alpine is fairly close to where my family was camping this weekend. I read the article in the Deseret news and this was the top comment that I saw:


"one old man

There are reports that the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is sending fire fighting money to Utah.

How can that be?

It must be sent back immediately.

Let the people who built their homes in the path of the fires exercise some good ol' American Personal Responsibility and put those fires out themselves. Why should I, as a taxpayer, be paying for their fires?

Mitt says we don't need more firefighters. Send them all home and let Personal Responsibility take over. "

So, what do you think?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, KT, taxes are killing people, not saving them.

Elaine Shandra said...

Too bad the people who started the fires in the first place aren't taking full responsibility! People need to start being smart about where and when they play with flammable items!

Tamra said...

Everyone wants everyone ELSE to be personally responsible. I bet he wouldn't say that about federal aid if it were HIS house.