Friday, November 20, 2009

Last Day At Work!!!!

Today is my last day at work, before I have the baby. I am glad I decided not to work right up to having the baby. I think I would have lost my mind. I still think I may loose my mind.
I am looking forward to making to do lists everyday, that include things I want to do!
Like pedicures, reading, making pies and cookies, walking, scrapbooking. (I am trying to catch up with my scrapbooking right now. I am barely into summer 2008. I would really like to keep up with this, my whole life. I really enjoy doing it. For me Scrapbooking is like a family journal with pictures and things we have colected from trips, outings, and fun around the house. I really like adding little stories to the pages as well! so much fun!)
I digress...
I have been working on getting things set up for when I am gone for the last month or two, updating the testing bible, cleaning out files on the computers, training, fileing, and cleaning. I spend most of today creating tests. which was nice because it made today zoom by!
I am going to miss it here. I really love working at East Shore. (probably why I have come back 3 times!) I am looking forward to February when I do come back to work, and work nights. Also I am really happy with who they hired to replace me durring the day! He will do a great job! Infact I have felt like the third wheel for the last week because he is doing so well. That is a big comfort to me, because I have put a lot of time and work enforcing the rules, so students know I don't mess around when they are naughty.
This also means my posts may be less frequent. Oh well, maybe there will be more substance to them... I don't know
Also on a funny note:
I have been walking wround UVU while Justin has his early class. It has been great exercise, and I feel much better throughout the day because of it. In the last month though The Daily Harold has been at the school petitioning to get their newpaper in the school. Which it ok, I don't have a problem with it. But as the weeks have gone on they have become more and more agressive. Usually I walk in a group and try and avoid them. Why, I don't go to school at UVU and if I want a newspaper I will pick up the New York Times. They also have the Deseret News for local news. (sorry Daily Harold) When they have asked I usually politely decline. Well, yesterday I got a petition shoved in my face, I didn't like that at all. So I told them flatly No I would not sign. Today they were in the halls again. And they asked me agian and I said no politely. (Seriously, I am the only 8 1/2 month pregnant woman walking the halls of UVU at 8 in the morning. You would think they would have recognised me by now. And known I was not going to miraculously say yes.) As I was walking away one of the guys said It dosn't cost the students anything, and a few other things I didn't catch, so I said "Yeah well what does it cost the school?" He said nothing, and I kept walking. (At this point I am thinking UVU could spend their money on something worth while, like a track...)
When I walk I also make a circut, so, I got to see them again, and they started to ask and then realised it was me and said, "you said no". I smiled to myself, finally they get that I don't want to sign the dang petition!
Thankfully, I will not be seeing the daily harold people anymore at UVU. And I am sure they will be glad not to see me either.

1 comment:

Tamra said...

Good for you, giving the newspaper people a piece of your mind. :) And it made a good story, too.

I'm glad you're done with work. About time for better Work to start!