Monday, November 16, 2009

New rat and sickness

Well, last week was super fun for me. I started to get some nice painful contractions. (nothing close enough to even think about going to the hospital) I was also very uncomfortable. And I got sick, I woke up and my neck felt swollen, and my nose was out of control. So, I decided to not go into work. I ended up staying home for the week, sleeping, eating bananas and drinking lots of fluids. I am feeling pretty good today, apart from a little stuffiness, and being uncomfortable. Justin was also sick. It was actually really nice just to spend some time together. But, with a baby on the way we decided to get some projects done. So, over the course of the week, I finished a stuffed animal or 2, re arranged our room, built a crib, took down Halloween decorations, and started scrapbooking.
We also took a quick trip to Petsmart to get some rat supplies, Justin also wanted to look at the rats, and maybe get one. We got there and looked at them in their cages. They were pretty cute. We held a few, and I picked one out. He is now my rat, Justin informed me, I named him Nosferatu. The name for some reason just fits him nicely. We have been working on integrating him with Magellan and Macbeth, but no real success stories yet, unless you count terrifying the new guy so he hides everytime youget him out. But progress was made yesterday! He now will explore and is also getting better at being picked up an handled. So hopefully we are on our way to getting him integrated better. We also maybe getting a couple more rats. A neighboor had some and her kids are having an allergic reaction to them so she is looking for a new home for them. So in the next few weeks we may be getting 3 new additons to our family!

No comments: