Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Nosferatu

I thought it would be fun to update you on our new rat.
He has improved socially since we got him last week!!!!! I am so happy about that!
Yesterday we observed him climbing on the cage! Also, I got him to come to me, which was really cool. He still does not get the whole treat thing. We gave the rats peanuts in the shell last night, and I though for sure he would attack it, nope he wouldn't touch it. But, he does love toilet paper rolls. He just devourers them. We gave him a paper towel roll yesterday, and he spent most of the evening trying to drag it into his apartment. Silly guy. He is also not clingy anymore, mostly he wants to get away and run around so that is great! ( I kind of miss him clinging to my feet and resting in my arms.) He is still a little timid, and not potty trained. But I think we are on the right track and even making progress!
Magellan still does not like him, he tolerates him a tiny bit better now, but he still tries to get at him. For instance, he will reach through the bottom of the cage and grab his feet, or if he is out he tries to dig through the bottom of the cage to get at Nosferatu. It is kind of funny to watch, but still not good. Macbeth could care less most of the time, but still is not ready to accept Nosferatu.
We still have work ahead of us, but it is nice to see progress.

No comments: