Monday, March 8, 2010

Lost my Temper

I lost my temper.
A student answered her phone while she was testing. There is a ZERO tolerance policy when it comes to cell phones. She just picked it up and said I will call you back. So, I know she was not cheating or anything like that. Obviously a good student. But, we have a rule. So I made he come and get her stuff and told her she was done testing for the day. We argued. She wanted me to make an exception because of a family situation. (totally reasonable) but again the rule. So, after telling her our policy again, and being rather forceful, to leave the testing center and talk to the administrator (I was almost yelling). I felt like a mean and bad person. I knew I was justified in being the way I was, but man, I totally made her and her mom's day crappier. I am not happy that I did not handle that better. I handled it badly. I need to go home and eat some ice cream and get a big hug.
If I see that student again I need to apologize for how that situation was handled.
Man I sucked it up tonight...

No comments: