Monday, June 11, 2012

The Potty

Apparently I am potty training Felix.
It was not my intention to start this weekend.
In fact I was planning on starting in September.
But Friday I was out shopping and Felix saw underwear and wanted them. I said no because he was not potty trained. We have been talking about using the potty lately. He loves to pretend to use the potty, especially after his cousin uses the bathroom. He loves to follow people into the bathroom as well so Justin and I don't have much privacy. I bought a little potty for him so he had somewhere to sit when he was pretending to pee in the potty.
Saturday he insisted on using it. We took off his diaper and let him sit for what seemed like ever. He peed! We were all excited!
Then he got a treat. Felix was super excited about that. So every once and a while he would ask to use it. Or beg.
Sunday he asked and after he took his diaper off peed in the toilet. Consistently today he is asking to use the bathroom then going. Yeah!
Mostly he likes getting candy. He really likes the candy.

I decided on  the Baby Bjorn Potty. It has been really nice. Easy to empty, good size and has a pee blocker for little boys. It comes in a range of colors so Felix got to pick the one he wanted. 

No comments: