Monday, September 24, 2012

Drawing 1

The second in my art class series of posts
This was actually something I did for 2D We took a photograph then cut lines out of coloring books and recreated the photograph. 

This was my final project for class The teacher gave us a set of rules and three instruments to draw from.  The projects from class were very fun! I was having a hard time so I chose to breakdown the elements and morph and use them to create something new. Felix also helped he erased one of my favorite parts and took an 8b and drew a line. Anyways it was a fun playful project.

a closer view 
preliminary sketch for my final project. 

more sketches for final project. One of my friends from class was talking about gas masks  and it inspired me to experiment with them. I also wanted to make something a little creepy looking. 

This was also from 2d. A negative line drawing. 

The egg. It was a fun project. Eggs are a pain to draw. They play tricks on your eyes. 

I think it would be fun for UVU to have an art show of things students have done using UVU  as inspiration. 

I like this project we went to the technology building and drew. Most people chose hallways or looking up. I chose looking down. The floor is very fun and I wanted to show it.  

I feel like at this point in class I was getting better. My shading is not great. I still need to work on it. 

My Weekend

This is the still life that took me to the emergency room. Justin was an awesome husband and got me a nexus 7. Which is the black box on the bottom. The white box is one of my awesome knives, Which Calvin took out of the box and cut himself on. He bled everywhere. The little mega block was on the floor from where the kids were playing. I love the shading on the black box. That is my favorite part.

The next few are all class projects. most of them I did not finish.

Our first day of class. 











This was a fun two days of class. We drew a different persons eye nose & mouth. Eyes are really fun to draw.  This was probably my favorite day.





Probably my favorite class project. It is one I wish I had more time to finish. 



I learned a lot in this class. It is one I would not mind taking again. mostly to practice and get better. 

No comments: