Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Weird Wednesday: Tempting kitty

My goal with weird Wednesday was to share something funny silly or just plain odd.


    So yesterday I was at my parents house doing laundry and I decided to take the boys on a bike ride on the canal road. We rode a mile in and Calvin was done so we got ready to turn around and like 5 yards ahead I notice a cat jump out of the bushes. All spitty and hair up at some runners. I was like oh gosh what a silly cat. Calvin saw and was super excited. "Kitty KITTY!!!!! mom KITTY!!!" Surprisingly with Calvin making all that noise the cat walked over. Felix at this point had taken off on his bike and was having a great time. The cat was middle sized not an adult but not a kitten. And cow spotted. Super cute. It had a silky coat and seemed friendly so I pet it first. The cat seemed to enjoy it so Calvin pet the cat. The cat was just fine with that and seemed to like the attention. At this point I noticed how far Felix had gotten away from us so it was time to go. I finally got Calvin on the bike and we were off. Oddly the cat seemed to be going in the same direction. Which was great because it kept Calvin on the move. After about half a mile I thought it was odd that the cat was still headed in the same direction.

    Then Calvin was having a fit because I wouldn't let him run after the cat into the bushes and was being a general pain. So I picked him and his bike up. Oddly enough He became super calm after a few min. of me carrying him. I looked behind to see why and there was the cat on the road following us. By the time we caught up to Felix ,who was busy throwing rocks into the ditch, the cat was walking right next to us. At this point Several people we had seen on the way up were on their way back.
"Is that your cat?"
" Cute cat"
   We got to the part of the canal where you have to cross the road. I stopped with the boys the cat stopped to and we all crossed together. At this point I a thinking "what?!!? Do cats follow people home?" And it did. Followed us the whole way to my parents house. When we got home the cat let us play with it. And then it took a nap on the front porch. The boys and I went inside and had lunch and I finished laundry. The cat was still there when it was time to go get Justin from work. And at this point my sister and I have texted the people we know that have cats to see if they want a new one. No luck.

   We took the cat with us to get Justin. And it curled up at the boys feet and slept. Then we took the kitty to the shelter. It was sad. He was such a nice cat. Calvin completely broke down. I was also a little misty eyed. It was extremely tempting to keep this cat. But, we figured that it must belong to somebody. He was so kind and great with the kids. He was clean and well behaved. And taking it to a shelter was the best way to get him back to his owner. But I super wanted to keep it.

No comments: