Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ruined Dress?


Well I hope not. Sunday morning I had the great idea to make coffee cake for my family for breakfast. I was in a bit of a hurry so I quickly got dressed and started cooking. Well I needed to add some brown sugar to my melted butter....
I was planning on sliding the brown sugar into the bowl from my 1 cup measuring cup. Well it didn't work quite that way, instead the brown sugar slid out of my control quickly, and into my bowl of butter, and splattered butter all over my dress. Ahhhh grease stains!! And it is like my new favorite dress ever!!!
What was super frustrating was that I neglected to put on an apron. I ALWAYS put on an apron!
I have ruined many things because of grease. So I was worried.
Fortunately I remembered my Martha Stewart Book!!!
I was so HAPPY! she has a whole chart of stains and how to get them out. So after a change and church I came home ready to tackle my mess. I followed the directions pretty close. (I used instead of an enzyme detergent an enzyme carpet cleaner.) There were like 5 steps to this cleaning process. So I washed the dress in cool water and let it hang to dry. (just in case everything didn't come out.)
about 85% of the grease stains were gone!!!!. I will try again this week the 5 steps and this time use an enzyme detergent and I think the rest should come out.
Yeah Martha!!! My hero for making a stain removal list that was so easy to use!!!
This is seriously a great information book. I have not read the whole thing yet, but a great reference for everyone to have!!!

2 comments:

eliza said...

Thats so sad...but awesome thing to learn about. What dress was it?

katie said...

It was the gray one with the flowers.