Monday, July 18, 2011

Aloe, Christmas cactus, and Mother in Laws Tongue

After moving into our new apartment I noticed that there were several hooks meant for hanging plants. So I began to ask Justin which plants would do well where and if we could display any of our orchids around the house. Most of the hooks are in very low light places so orchids were not a possibility. We began the search online for house plants. We decided on a couple of plants we both liked the look of; the spider plant ( a cutting we are getting from some one, I don't remember who) Mother in laws tongue, a cutting of which Justin acquired from the AF hospital.
We also got a cutting of Christmas cactus from my aunt Nancy and a cutting of an Aloe which was her grandmothers (my great grandmother) I am really excited about this one. I really like that it is a family heirloom. Man plants are cool!




Justin also picked up a Ludisia Discolor Alba from Orchid Dynasty


So our house plant collection is well on its way.
Justin and I also discovered that most places don't sell baskets for smaller houseplants. Which is a little frustrating, but we will improvise until our plants are large enough for the baskets sold. (one night I was even considering taking up macrame)

No comments: