Friday, July 8, 2011

Dairy Free and Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies

I had to share this recipe. Best Peanut Butter cookie I have had.

This came out of my Yellowstone Cookbook (page 168 by Carl Sheehan). It is probably the easiest cookie I have ever made, and they taste awesome.

1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
Preheat oven to 375. Mix sugar peanut butter and egg. Roll into 1 inch balls, flatten with fork. Bake for 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Makes about 1 dozen.

Super easy right!
I was very skeptical when I made this, but as I actually had all the stuff I needed for these cookies so I thought it was worth a shot.(this is the hardest part of moving, finding you don't have the things you need when you really really want to make something)
I was happy to additionally discover that this recipe eliminated the two things I didn't like about peanut butter cookies. One, There is not enough peanut butter flavor in them. I find that they are just to bland. Two, I find that peanut butter cookies tend to be dry and super crumbly. (now, these cookies still crumble a little, but nothing like I have had in the past and they hold up better the second day as well)
Seriously give these cookies a try especially if you like peanut butter!!!

Also, I am excited to try this recipe with some almond butter. Then I want to try it with Nuttella.

Oh! And you could totally add chocolate to this...

No comments: