Thursday, February 18, 2010

Exercise and Shots

Exercise:I am feeling good today. I have been walking all week. I feel super healthy, and feel like I look better now as well. My arms are looking more toned. I am really looking forward to fitting into my sire 13 pants again. I went through my clothes with Eliza and Jolene last Friday. It felt good to get some things out and also to get rid of things. It is almost like a new wardrobe! I am also excited because I am feeling ready to run. Saturday I am planning on heading to the indoor track and tring to run at least a mile. Hopefully I can do more.
Shots: Yesterday we had Felix's 2 month appointment. He is doing well, 11 pounds and 23 inches long now! The poor kid he is so happy and trusting, so we laid him down on the table to get his vaccinations, he was all smiles. He got the oral vaccination and took it fine didn't try and spit it out. He even smiled at the nurse. Than came the shots. He was so shocked and very scared. He turned bright red and cried like I have never heard him cry before. Then afterwards he held me like he never had before. I was so happy that Chris came with me to the appointment. He really needed someone with him in the back seat of the car. He held my hand so tightly. It was hard to see him in pain. Poor kid, he loves to kick and it hurts every time he does right now.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Yuck, shots are no fun! But they do get less traumatic, I've found. I always make James come along so he can help hold her legs. Then I pick her up and comfort her when it's all over. =) I think the soreness in the legs improves as they're older too. Poor babies!

Tamra said...

I always hated giving my kids shots when they were so little. Even knowing it was the best thing I could do for them, it was hard! I don't know how the nurses do it every day.

katie said...

The nurses must have iron constitutions.