Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentines Day

I like Valentines Day.
As a kid you got candy and cookies. As a teen and young adult, there were dates and hanging out with friends. I have always tried to view this holiday as a celebration of love, not a reason to focus on being single. (way to depressing) So I try and do things for the people I love. Here is what I did this year.
  • Got dafodills, a cute card some Lindt chocolates and vegetable seeds for Justin.
  • Made a rose centerpiece out of paper and tree branches. (thank you Julie for posting the idea on your blog, they turned out super cute!)
  • Helped my brother pick out flowers and chocolate for his girlfriend.
  • Made a mediteranian dinner for Justin and the family. And we tried 2 new cheeses. Fontina and Myzritha. Both very good!
My husband is not one to feel obligated to give presents because "someone" says he should. So no, I did not get flowers and chocolate.
But, before he left for his track meet last weekend he did get me a special something: Absolution, Dookie, Kid A, and The Creek Drank the Cradle. 4 totally awesome Records!!!!!! I have to say Absolution and Kid A sound amazing! Really sometimes records just sound so much better than CD's. And Records beet Chocolate and Flowers any day! I am a very lucky girl, my husband knows what I like.
I got Felix a Valentines Shirt, but it was too big for him...
He would have looked so cute in it on Sunday. Oh well he will just have to look cute in it another day.

No comments: