Thursday, February 25, 2010

Olympic Rant

Feel free to skip this post if you are enjoying NBC's coverage of the Olympics.

I am a little bit disenchanted with NBC's coverage of Olympics this year. 3 Reasons:
  • Interest stories. Yes they are interesting, but they are taking time away from the sports coverage. You should post them online next to the persons profile. I don't care that Shawn White had a private half pipe made that he has to Helicopter into. I do want to see His Sweet Snowboard moves though.
  • Chattyness. I feel like Bob is trying to take up time. Like There is a guy back stage pointing to his watch freaking out beacuse they have nothing to put on. Bob in the plane for 5 min was so stupid! It was not funny or mildly intiresting just a waste of time.
  • Coverage. We know it is not live so please don't foreshadow and hint at what is going to happen! Most everyone at home does not know how the race turns out. Also make your website more user friendly! It is a P.O.S, especially if you want to watch the whole event. I never know what I am going to get when I click on the video.
Anyways, I LOVE watching the best on the world compete. (that judge may get beat up by the whole country of Korea. Man how tough is it to be that guy!) It is a great sporting Showcase and it always makes me want to try new sports. I am thinking about cross country skiing.

It is funny how my sporting desire has changed. I remember watching the jumping and ice skating and downhill and wanting to do that when I was younger.
Gosh, in a few years Curling will be more my speed...

2 comments:

Tamra said...

Generally, I like the coverage. The plane one was lame, though. Agreed.

Seriously, I hope that judge lives to see the next Olympics. It was a close call. I thought it should have been called that way, but Rob thought it was an overreaction. Either way, it would be hard to be THE ONE who affected the outcome like that.

I also feel bad for that long track guy who listened to his coach and switched lanes. That would be ROUGH.

katie said...

Oh man that poor guy, I was just heart broken for him.