Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Woodburry Art Museum

Last night Justin and I went to the Woodburry Art Museum. We went to see the current photography exhibit. The exhibit was a collection of photo's from Brazil. I really enjoyed this exhibit; the colors were beautiful, and they did a great job of contrasting distruction and life. My favorite was this little girl with a bird on her head. It is super cute!
There are several other displays there.
One is some Oil portraits. I liked the speak flowers one the best. (Urgh there was one I just hated the compisition and emotion are awful, just not a good painting.)
There was also one where the artist was experimenting with paralel lines. (thats all it is , parallel lines with color. Justin did not care for it:) but I liked it )
And another exhibit done with oil pastels, I thought it was pretty cool, the artist uses alot of paterns and portrates.
There was also a sculpture exibit most of the peices were ok, nothting to write home about. After looking at several we decided that most of the items on display were meant to be hung up. Which was sad because that is how the artisit obviously wanted them displayed, and may have changed our mind about the exhibit.
Lastly there was a small exhibit by Jame Christensen. It was cool so see some more of his artwork. (my sisters brother inlaw lived down the street from him for a while and the house they were renting had a few pices of his in it.) My favorite one of his there was the Fairy Tale painting. It is preety cool!
I recomed you go and see the current exibit. It is free and it is always nice to get out and do something!
I really want to go to BYU's MOA and check it out now!
The Woodburry Art building is super easy to get to it is right next to Nordstroms at the University Mall on the south side of the building. Walk inside and go up the stairs and around the corner and there is the gallary. Here is a link http://www.uvu.edu/museum/ so you can get more information.
Also 2 of the paintings I liked are on the home page:)
Have a great day!
Oh man, seeing this really made me want to get creative and draw soemthing....

No comments: