Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Current Hobbies

These are some of my favorite hobbies:

I love to buy clothes. Before I got married I would go shopping at least once a week. I wouldn't always buy things but I would still go. From that I developed a shrewd shopping practice of only buying what I can't live without, are on sale or look fabulous on me. I have cut most of my shopping out (it was super hard!) and I am grateful I have developed those practices. I have even added making a list of things I need to buy. (it really helps me keep on task:)

I love buying paper and various crafting accesories. Every time I go into a Craft shop I almost always buy paper. I really love it. It is easy to get carried away but I only buy the paper I can't live without. Or paper for current projects.Thankfully paper is fairly cheep!

I love Kitchen things. We went into a kitchen store the other day and I found a ton of things I would like to have. I don't currently have any kitchen needs, I have to keep telling myself that. There were some awesome pans and cookie cutters...
Honestly the things I want are things I don't need and would only use maybe once or twice a year.

Food! I Love it! There are so many new things to try and taste. I have some fun cookbooks with new and exotic things to try. If I had my way I would spend at leats one day of the week doing some serious cooking. And another doing some serious baking. New recipies are also a lot of fun! Oh and I am going to try something new next month. A cooking journal. I am super excited about this one beacue I can label pages and make notes on what I am cooking. Super Excited about it!

But I found something NEW! Fabric and its accessorizes. I knew Julie, Eliza Nancy, Ariel and Janel really liked fabric and had lots of it. But i never got it until I saw fabric I REEAALLY REEAALLy wanted. (I have done most of my fabric shopping at Wal Mart, until yesterday.) Wow!!! I went into a local fabric shop and fell in love with the button selection and fabric. (The Cotton Shop) I did eventually gain composer and found things I needed. It is kind of a pricey hobby! I am super excited to use my new sewing machine and get creative!

I just hope Justin is as excited about my Hobbies as I am.

Or are they addictions...

2 comments:

Julie Barfuss said...

Katie -

You should check out the Quilting Cottage (it's a little white house behind the AF tabernacle). Oh. My. Goodness. They have the BEST fabric ever! My second favorite is Broadbents in Lehi (they are on 100 N, across the street from the Legacy Center). Broadbents would be my fav (cause they have such great fabrics) but the people who work there aren't very friendly...

katie said...

Eliza was saying that you need to be at least over 60 for them to actually help you ;) one day we should get some wigs from Aurora and dress like old ladies and see if they help us better...