Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th


So today is Friday the 13th!!!
oooh scary!!!!

I was thinking about traditions on Friday the 13th.
Most people watch a scary movie, or avoid certain places.

Personally I have never been a fan of horror movies. I choose not to watch them. I don't think showing all the blood and guts and gore is always necessary. (mind you one of my favorite movies is Shawn of the Dead and one of my new favorite books is World War Z. Go figure :)

I would like to know the details of what happened without actually seeing what happened.
I prefer a psychological thriller. I really enjoy a good Hitchcock movie.
I miss doing one thing on Friday the 13th. In Young Womens we would do a camp out. It was fun to ride together to the camp site. (I remember one year watching Casper in the Mellon's Van.) We would have dinner and a camp fire. I think we tried to tell ghost stories but they usually ended up silly. ( Mary Crase "And they ran." oh man that still makes me laugh. Oh and the time eliza told Mary to be louder while she was telling a story....) good times...
We would also ride this train thing... I think we paid the guy who owned it in pennies.
In the morning we would swim and then go into town do some shopping, try apple cider.

Anyways I was thinking that I liked that tradition of going on a camp out on friday the 13th. And thinking that that would be fun for our family. Its not to scary and a lot of fun. Oh and listening to the song thriller every Friday the 13th. I am deffinatly going to do that today when I get home.
I hope you have a Happy and not to scary friday the 13th!

1 comment:

Mama Mary Ellens Blog said...

So I totally just googled my name.. I was found in your blog hahahah .. Yes .. Good times!!

Kisses

Mary

What I remember from that story telling session was .. "Mary Speak up" and my reaction-- "wow .. Ive never EVER heard that before!!" that WAS AWSOME!!