Monday, February 23, 2009

Super Sweet 16


So I hate that show first of all...
Anyways one of my cousins just had her 16th birthday and it got me thinking about mine.
I know I had a party I remember people came over and thinking to myself "This is the lamest party ever... why did I invite people over...." But I was happy that it was not a huge party with a bunch of people that I didn't know well. They were my friends so that helped me not to feel as lame as I could have. I got a sweet card, that I still have somewhere...
But on my birthday it was a very depressing day.
My birthday started out good.
  • I got a CD player and Mmm Bop.
  • I had a marching band show, which we didn't do well at.
  • My ride forgot to pick me up at the school afterward, I waited there for 3 hours, and nobody would answer the phone at the house when I called to get a ride.
  • I had to get a ride home with the band teacher, who I absolutely hated.
  • Then I got to baby sit and not go to the Stake Dance on my birthday, where my friends were waiting for me. The dance, I believe Eliza did get to go to...
This was my worst day ever.
I have tried to make sure that my brothers and sister had good sweet 16 parties or at least did what they wanted.
Don't worry, I am over what happened. I just have not thought about those events in a while...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if it's any consolation, my 16th birthday was a bust and my sisters had fabulous big parties. i'm over it too ... 16 is such an overrated age anyhow :)