Thursday, February 5, 2009

Work issues

I just need to vent for a moment.

So I love where I work. I love the people, I like most of the students:) and I really think we perform a valuable service for the community.
BUT it gives students a way to procrastinate making up failed classes. Really at the end of the year I want people to fail there tests because they have waited to the last min. to make up classes.
It amazes me how much work they can get done the last week of school!
I feel bad that I feel this way, but I have no sympathy for students the last month of school. I have never felt bad failing anyone of them. The only ones I feel slightly bad for are the ones who all year long their counselor has said that they are fine then oops, you are missing a fine arts credit.
At my high school my counselor told me straight up she could make mistakes. I need to know precisely what credits I needed to graduate and make sure I had space in my schedule just in case I failed.
Also there are a crap load of students who are good kids who take a ton a music classes and decide to make up the needed credits at the end of the school year. What! Wait, we are open all year long and have been for like 10 years and you are JUST Signing up with 2 weeks left of school?!!?
Anyways I am VERY VERY grateful to work with people I like who help relive most of the stress.
Don't worry I do remember to breathe. I know that it is not my fault that they are here, and that I just need to relax and enjoy the business. Because that is what keeps me employed:)

No comments: