Thursday, August 25, 2011

Favorite Brownies

This is my new favorite brownie recipe!!!!!!
Justin got it from one of his co-workers and he loved them! Which is great for me because I love brownies and I didn't have a recipe that Justin liked so I never really made them. Don't worry they are not healthy at all either so you know they taste good.

1 lb butter (salted)
4 cups sugar
Melt together

let that cool

add 4 teaspoons vanilla
8 eggs one at a time (if you don't want to wait for the butter and sugar to be cool you can temper the eggs in)

mix together in separate bowl
2 cups flour
1 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
Add the flour mixture slowly into the butter mixture until well incorporated.
Now add 1 lb of mini chocolate chips (I couldn't bring myself to buy Hershey's chocolate so I just used regular sized chips)
Add nuts if you desire

This fills one 12X17 pan or two smaller pans. (I used a cake pan and got hugemongo brownies, I also had to cook the brownies for longer.) Bake at 350 for 30-40 min. (35 is usually perfect) Don't over bake!

Seriously these are super tasty. The brownies have totally killed my healthy eating. I have had them for breakfast, with lunch and after dinner the last few days. And apparently they are fabulous frozen, so we have a few in the freezer as well.

No comments: