Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A visit from Mom and Dad T and Valentines/Presidents day fun!

Here are some highlights from last week. In no particular order:

Justin's parents came and visited us and Collin.
  • Justin got some much needed advice and help with careing for the Roses in our front yard.
  • We had a cousin dinner with all of Justin's cousins that are in town. I think I used all of my cooking dishes! I still don't know how I was able to prepare dinner for everyone on that tiny stove ;) It was very nice to have room for everyone! I love having a bigger place!
  • Dinner at Red Robbin! Yeah for Burgers!
  • Re-decorated our bathroom!!!!! I can't express how grateful I am for a new shower curtain!!
  • Ran and walked at BYU's indoor track. (I ran 2 miles!!!!)
  • Borsht. Justin's mom made this soup. It was really good. I am eating the leftovers right now. It is better a few days after it has been made!
  • Dinner at Bombay House, twice! Thank you again Collin!!! (you must try their food it is FAB!)
  • Justin's mom helped me pick out fabric and make some curtains for my home! They look so good!!!!
Valentines Day, Justin and I took it easy.
  • We went to our ward dance. It was fun because the children were also invited. They really liked dancing and poping the ballons.
  • I made Valentines Day cookies! It is the easiest cookie mix ever. 1 cake mix, 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of butter. I made red velvet cookies and strawberry cookies. They looked super cute. They also tasted good too!
  • We did laundry! I know super exciting and romantic. But it needed to be done:)
  • I made a flower bouquet for my brothers girl friend.
  • SLEPT IN!!!!
  • Watched the new episodes of Flight of the Conchords! (I love that show!)
Presidents Day
  • Slept in again!
  • Went to Jude and Eliza's
  • Eliza took me, Jolene and Laura to the Quilting cottage. It is a fantastic shop! Lots of really pretty patterns.
  • Worked on finishing the curtains for my front room. I spent a LOT of time measuring and thinking before I cut or sewed.
  • Made enchiladas.
  • snuggled with Justin.

No comments: