Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pesto Pizza is the Besto!

Justin had an awesome idea last month. Do a different pizza every night for one month. And for my birthday Justin bought me a pizza stone!! sooooo I am going to do it. I am very excited. I have a list of ideas and I can not wait to try them all!!! Yesterday I just made a regular supreme pizza with red sauce nothing really exciting. But today I made a keeper: The Besto Pesto Pizza -Heat pizza stone in a 500 degree oven for 20 to 30 min -I made my favoritepizza dough -I did not make the pesto myself. I used Cucina & Amore Pesto ( I got mine at Harmons) -Then I sprinkled a little bit of mozzarella cheese and feta ( I really like the stuff made with goats milk, sheep's milk is good too) on top. -Next I added some chopped spinach slices of tomato and chanterelle mushrooms. -I sprinkled more mozzarella cheese on top of that and a little parmesan cheese. -Change your temperature to 350 degrees and then onto the fabulous pizza stone (seriously it has totally changed how my crusts taste. I highly recommend one if you make homemade pizza) (or just heat your oven to 350 and use a pan what ever works it will still tast good) cook for about 15 min, or until the crust is brown and the cheese has a nice golden melty crust on it. -I like to add some garlic butter to the crust after I take out the pizza. I made this butter a little bit more salty than usual which was perfect. -I let it cool for a about 10 min. before cutting and eating. I seriously loved this pizza and Justin really liked it to! It is a keeper

No comments: