Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pizza!

Well the pizza turned out great. I was super happy with the crust!!!!
Here is the recipe I used:
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons yeast
1 1/2 cups of luke warm water
mix together in a small bowl and let sit until yeast begins to activate. (it will look frothy)
meanwhile mix together:
3-4 cups of flour
3 table spoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt

Pour in water and yeast mixture into your flour mixture. (I added more water and made my dough really sticky.)Then dump out dough onto a floured surface and kneed in flour. I added about 1/4 of a cup of flour. The dough should be firm but feel moist at the same time. Almost like playdough.... Anyways, place your dough in a greased bowl. (I used Pam. and make sure you also spray the top of your pizza dough) Put a wet towel over the top of the bowl and let the dough rise for about an hour or until the dough has doubled in size. Once it has doubled in size punch down the dough and split the dough into two halves. place the half you will be working with on a lightly floured surface and roll out in a round pizza shape. Add your favorite sauce cheese and toppings and cook in the oven. I usually cook the pizza at about 350. It will make two 12 inch pizza's.
This also makes killer garlic bread sticks as well!

No comments: