Monday, October 12, 2009

Pictures, pictures, and more pictures!

So I am finally loading some pictures. they range from August to yesterday! I hope you enjoy them!
We finally gave them a real bath! We have tried this a couple of times. This time they were almost ok with being shampooed and cleaned. They were super cute to watch afterward in the towel snuggling up and trying to get dry. I forgot how white they were...

They are super curious, and quick. it is not easy getting pictures of these little guys. (don't worry the cup was put in the dishwasher afterward)

My nephew and his birthday cake! He really liked the orange frosting!

Girls Night! We had a girl party at my Aunts house. We had fondue, Pulled pork, and lots of fun.
The girls enjoying the chocolate fondue! (my favorite was the caramel with pretzels....)

Making pies conference weekend! Justin was a super help!
We made the pumpkin pie filling from scratch! Much easier than either of us expected it to be. Oh I just love the color of the pumpkin!




Adding the spice to the pumpkin pies!

The pies all done! It was super weird but the pie with the burnt top tasted better than the un-burnt one. We used the same exact bowl of pumpkin pie mix.... Oh and the one in white is the wheat free version of the pie!

Beautiful red apple from my parents tree! Get ready to be in a pie!





I didn't get as many of the "making of" pictures for the apple. thank heavens for Apple Peeler Corer Slicers! they make making apple pies much easier!


The bottom 2 are the apple pies and the top one is my mom's wheat free cherry pie! (she bought it at Good Earth) No I did not make my own crust. I have in the past, and it is fabulous, but really I just wanted to relax. Making pie crusts can be very frustrating.


mmmmm pies...

( I really like making pies)



Eliza made a super yummy Buffalo chicken Chili for dinner that night!

Justin and I have been going outside and using my parents dutch oven pit and a small fire pit. It has been very romantic and nice for the two of us. but My little brother wanted his Friends to come over one night for the fire. Let me tell you it is hard to get 8 people around a little 2 foot hole. So Justin had the idea to take the trampoline off and use that as a bigger fire pit. It was a success! We had fun cutting down some dead branches and adding some broken chairs to the fire.
P.S. the bamboo chairs from Ikea burn super hot and long, you don't need to do more than one chair at a time.

Justin, my Little fire starter.

Me playing with the settings on the camera.


I have also been helping my parents get ready for Halloween. This is the not so scary, kid friendly side of the yard. A cute scare crow and pumpkin patch.

And the little bit creepy graveyard side of the house. I really like this side. The grave stones on the far right go back for quite a ways making it one of my favorite grave yard set ups. Next year maybe I will have time to make 20 more stones and do the rest of the yard too...
I also decorated the inside.
Scary Piano!

~spooky table~
Justin and I Painted our baby crib this weekend. It was fun to do a "project" together. we have talked about re finishing and doing other things for a while but this is our first one! This is what the crib looked like before.


And almost, kind of after. You will see a picture of it all put together in a few weeks. We decided on a mat black paint. I really like how it looks. I am going to paint some Dr. Seuss characters on the larger panels. Which ones I don't know yet, but I need to figure it out since I have a 5 day weekend to work on it this week. Don't worry I did help paint and so did Justin's brother Collin. we didn't make Justin do it by himself. Then we went to Bombay house. Oh man I love there food soooooo much. I swear, Indian is the best food!


I also had a birthday this weekend! Wow I look "super" good! makes me wish I would have put makeup on...
Ah well, I was super comfortable.



This is for those of you who want to see what I look like pregnant. Super awesome picture for future generations...



And the cake was yummy, mint chocolate chip icecream cake! Oh man it was sooooooo what I wanted!

1 comment:

Tamra said...

Loving the preggie pictures. I hated my own, but I like other people's! ... Also love the fire pics and the pie pics. Pie!!!