Friday, October 30, 2009

Weekend Plans

I am so excited that Halloween is on a Saturday!
I feel like I have time to do everything I need to, for like the first time ever!
This year I am helping my little sister with her Halloween Party!
(I have been wanting to throw a Halloween party for some time now...)
This is a quick list of what I have been up to:
  • Ice Cubes: They were super easy to make Just put one blueberry into your standard ice tray. Add water and freeze. And, when the cubes are in a drink they look like eyes! (also, some of the blueberry's burst so it gives them and extra creepy look.) I have a couple of bags of those ready to go in the freezer. (it took em about 1 weeks to get 2 bags. I kept forgetting to check on the ice...)
  • Pies: (because I can't make enough of them lately) I made some Mummy apple pies last night. They turned out super cute!!! Instead of just doing the lattice pattern, wrap it to look like a mummy, then add 2 blueberries for eyes. Wicked cute! Today I am making Jack O' Lantern pumpkin Pies, just use the extra crust to make the eyes and mouth!
  • Ghosts, and sugar cookies: I am making chocolate ghost lollipops. And Creepy Cookies, I really like this sugar cookie recipe. Royal Icing tastes the best with these cookies.
  • Lanterns, and other decor : I am also super excited to decorate the buffet table. I made some lanterns from Martha Stewart. they were super easy, just make sure you use 12X12 paper or 12X24 paper to make them. I used 8 1/2 by 11 paper, made my life a little difficult and, it took forever. They look really good lit up with glow sticks they will add a really creepy look to the buffet table. I have some black paper coffins, spider webs and black lights to add to what has already been decorated. I am looking forward to seeing what it looks like all dark!
  • Dinner Tonight: I am making a spooky Alfredo, with graveyard peas and sweet potato pumpkins.It is super easy, Just make regular Alfredo (it is spooky cause it is white). What makes the peas graveyard peas is the bread. Just cut grave stones out of bread toast them with a little butter in a pan and place in the peas. And, the sweet potato pumpkins, instead of cutting them into fries, just leave them in circles. Vola, you have pumpkins. A really Easy fun dinner.
I will post pictures of the festivities hopefully next week. Wish me luck!
And everyone, have the Best Halloween!!!!

No comments: