Friday, October 2, 2009

One of thosee days, again...


This morning after Justin got out of class and we were walking to the car, I had the overwhelming urge to call in sick. I just wanted to go on a hike and be outside. It was so wonderful and crisp! I just wanted to celebrate such a great fall morning!

I chose the high road, and went to work...
At least I can see the mountains.
But before I got to work, we decided to go out when Justin comes to pick me up from work. I am super excited. We are going to hike (walk really) up to Bridal Veil falls, eat at the brick oven in Orem, and go shopping at Harmon's. I love shopping at Harmon's! The store is so great they have had everything I have ever needed, and so many things I don't. If you have never been, you should go. Here are my top ten favorite things about Harmon's:
  1. Cheese Monger! They have a Cheese Monger! So cool, he was able to help me match a goat cheese to what I was making for dinner! Also they will cut cheeses for you to try and answer any questions you might have.
  2. Fresh Fruits and Veggies. Not only do they have a huge selection, but everything comes with a little explanation of what it tastes similar to and what you can use it in. The only fruit I have had a hard time with is Mango's, but I have never been able to find fantastic mango's in Utah.
  3. Bakery, mmmmmm. They have a new addition, specialty breads! Fantastic!
  4. Foreign Foods, they have a larger selection of Asian, Mexican, Italian, English, etc... than I have seen in any other store.
  5. Store Managers. They are really the best! I have always felt super welcome in the store, and they are always easy to find and willing to help. Also I don't think I have ever waited in line longer than 8 min. Seriously, I was there Thanksgiving morning 2 years ago and I was in and out of that store in less than 4 min. They did such a good job of directing people and having ALL of their registers open. Also everyone that works there has been super friendly and nice.
  6. Local produce and other locally made items. They carry locally grown and made items. Seriously try Clinton's Cereal. It is fabulous! Also try their bread! It is made right in Salt Lake! ( we also found cheese curd, a favorite of my moms, made in Logan)
  7. Health Food Section. It is the biggest I have seen in a grocery store. They have all kinds of whole foods, all natural, no preservatives, and Gluten free. ( like a mini good earth) They also have an all natural beauty selection, Not just bert's bees ( like most). You should try the Jason Aloe lotion it is amazing on sunburns! also the Coco Butter has been very nice an soothing on my belly.
  8. Florist area. They have your usual grocery florist plants but they also carry a wide variety of in season flowers too. They have a nice selection on vases and other floral needs as well.
  9. Deli and Sushi. They make their sushi fresh every day, and they have more than imitation crab rolls. They have real uncooked fish! The Deli carries you usual pre-made, and fried stuff, but also a large variety of meats and other things. And they have Ice cream! Not soft serve, but real ice cream!
  10. Clean! The store has always felt clean when I go in. I love that!!!! It makes me feel more relaxed. Ugh, I hated shopping by the Albersons next to my old house. It just felt dirty and dingy, like old cigggarette butts. Also, I hated that their fresh meat section was hiddden behind their Large Bulk items. HOW WERE YOU SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT THE MEAT LOOKED LIKE!!!! Super scary, super scary...
I have gone to the Sunflower Market, The Good Earth and Smith's Market Place. Smiths has some fun things, but it just feels like it is too big and spread out. Not personal. Sunflower Market has a great selection of fruit and Vegitarian items, and is super friendly. The Good Earth has a great selection of suppliments, and beauty things. I love all the essential oils and other things you can use to make your own fragrences. No store does it for me like Harmon's. It is kind of like Forever 21 to teenege girls. ( I also love that store too!)
Everyone has their favorites, and this is just one of mine.
Also, is anyone else super excited for Halloween! I know I am! Now I just need to think of a costume...

No comments: