Sunday, May 22, 2011

Gluten Free Sweet Potato and Tapioca Cookie Recipe


Katherine made this and it was really really really good.

4 medium sweet potatoes
1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
3/4 teaspoon salt

1.Prick Sweet potatoes with fork and Bake at 425 until tender in the center (about an hour)
2.Heat beans, oil, spices, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat
3.put the beans on the sweet potatoes and top with sour cream and cilantro

And it is really really really good. 

Also I got this super good cookie recipe from my aunt. 

Tapioca Cookies
1 1/2 cubes butter, soft
cream with 3/4 cup white and 3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 1/4 cups tapioca flour

add nuts, chips what ever flavor your want.

bake 350 degrees 10-15 minutes.

In the cookies I had there were crasins, white chocolate and I think macadamia nuts. The cookies are a bit crispy, but taste so good. I really liked to eat them with a glass of milk. 

And I did made fudge yesterday, sadly no grocery store in the area had mint chips, so I ended up with chocolate fudge with pecans. Seriously no mint chips?!!? I am super super sad and will have to get some when I am in Utah next. So I am still craving mint cookies and cream fudge. Oh Sweet Afton's how come you are in Utah? I suppose I could just order some from them online... 
maybe if I get desperate enough. 
Oh I also e-mailed them to see if I could get there recipe. No luck there. Oh well...



No comments: